Hvac- is it possible to have a vent added in the ceiling?

Nycqt15CarrollLinda Sikut
+3

My home has 2 floor vents under a window is it possible to have a vent added in the ceiling.

• Carroll

Why?.

• Nycqt15

Its not cool in the living room or kitchen durinh summer its hot at the top of my stairs and cold in the living room and kitchen during winter and hot at the top of the stairs in winter. I want an even flow
  • Bijous

Hi, anything is possible. Get an HVAC pro in to assess. Good luck.
  • Linda Sikut

Hi Trs, if you're adding air conditioning to your your home, a ceiling vent would help spread the cool air because cool air sinks to the lower parts of the room.. If you want it for heating, it usually isn't advisable because heat rises and you won't feel it on the lower parts of the room. I recommend an appointment with an HVAC pro who can help assess your needs. Wishing you the best.

• Carroll

I doubt if a vent in the ceiling would change anything. I think this would be costly to fix. Have you thought of fans to circulate hot/cool air?

• Nycqt15

Yes i pt a ceiling fan in kitchen about to put one in the dining room to run it in the bedroom and living room i have to get wiring done. Th hats costly