Fixtures hung incorrectly on the ceiling! Help!

Wanda GibbonsCarolSheryl Sumpter
+4

q fixtures hung incorrectly on the ceiling
Fixtures are too close together 6” apart in the middle and holes aren’t aligned - plus one light is hung lower than the other! HELP!
  • Wendy

Hi there! First, I'd like to make you feel better by saying your light fixtures look great! They are awesome. To help with the misalignment, you can add a panel on your ceiling in the same color of the chain using paint. the misaligned placement will blend into the ceiling.

• Wanda Gibbons

Take them down. Replace them with square fluorescent tube boxes. Because they are square you can adjust them one way or another to make them even, spread them further apart or even off set them depending on where you need light. They will cover up the holes and nicely light the area. I have two in my kitchen. Hope you can see this from the pictures.

• Deborah

You can correct the misalignment and add a small ceiling medallion to cover an mars in the ceiling. Paint them the same color as the fixtures and no one will ever know. You can also make your own out of wood if you can't find a premade the size you need.

• Sheryl Sumpter

don't do fluorescents

• Carol

I used a decorative plant hanger hook screwed into the ceiling to 'swag' my light to where I wanted it. My light fixture had a long enough chain and cord to do that. If yours doesn't you will have to add more chain and electric cord.

• Wanda Gibbons

The person didn’t say they had to keep the lights. My kitchen has garden doors across the end wall and a mirror on the other end so there is lots of light. I also have other lighting but not shown. The square lights can be adjusted to cover the uneven holes.