Which is better for plants, miracle grow or epsom salt?

Peggy BurnetteLivGk

Flowers and tomato and cucumber plants

• Gk

I use both on my tomatoes. When I plant my tomatoes I use a few teaspoons of Epsom salt in the planting holes. Then I use Miracle Grow for Tomatoes until the plant start setting flowers. I switch to watering about every 10 days with Epsom salts in water at the base of the plant (and use only water in between). I have beautiful healthy tomatoes with no cracks or end rot. Occasionally I give my flowers a dose of the Epsom salt water too but more often I use Miracle Grow on my flowers. I do not have cucumber plants.

• Liv

I usually use Miracle grow on flowers, and not my tomatoes. For my tomatoes, I usually supplement them with a dehydrated milk powder to give them a calcium boost.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. Epsom salt makes your plants greener. Miracle grow feeds you plants what they need to live and bloom.