Marilyn
Marilyn
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Paola, KS

What is the best way to edge a gravel driveway so that it looks tidy?

Krafty Mrs.KPeggy BurnetteBetsy
+4

Country living! We dont always want it look wild. So how can you edge a gravel drive to make it look more finished betweenthe grass and the gravel?

• Marilyn

We tried this but it didn't give us a large enough separation between the grass and gravel.
  • Joanne C. Wanciak

My neighbor , used old railroad ties to border his gravel drive. It looks nice

and neat.

• Marilyn

We had these when we moved here but most were rotted away and we removed them. All I think of is the chance for attracting termites and other wood eaters! Otherwise they were as good separation for the gravel and grass visually.

Hi Marilyn: Joanne is on the right 'track' hahaha:) Railroad ties or some other wide lumber would be great. You could do a double row and plant flowers in between, but then I don't know if the creosote would kill them. You could put a plastic barrier up and then fill that with dirt and then plant. But, yeah, the ties would be a good look. You can either sink them even with the drive or leave them up a bit, taking into consideration whether you get snow and using a snow blower and all of that sort of stuff:)
  • Peggy Burnette

Hello my name is Peggy. We edge our driveway with the weed eater, turn it up to it makes a cut next to the gravel. Good luck

• Krafty Mrs.K

Brick or paver stone