Beverly Curry
Beverly Curry
  • Homer, LA

What works best to deodorize your home (sprays or liquids)?

CrazylibladyHolly Bertone | Pink FortitudeGk
+4

• Mel

Aren’t they the same? The best result I’ve had so far, is having a couple natural candles out( unlit due to dog traffic) and bouquets of real lavendar and eucalyptus in dog smelly areas. All my cleaners are fairly natural , baking soda, Method scented cleaners , and this helps daily clean ups. If my dogs are outside, I’ll spray the rooms with a natural airspray( lavender / mint/ orange) and open the windows and air it out. On smelly areas, I’ll cover floor/ rug with scented baking soda, let sit , thensweep or vacuum powder up.

• Ebbjdl

Hi Beverly, Clean around the house, just those smells, will deodorize your house. I think sprays just mask the odors, and it's not good to breath. Open the windows on a nice day.

• Mogie

Ebbjdl is right sprays mast odors. A good cleaning will usually get rid of smells except for pet and people stink from soft surfaces like a couch or bedding. I use a homemade spray everyday on soft surfaces. I fill a spray bottle with water leaving enough room for 1/4 cup of fabric softener. Also is good for static cling.
  • Sharon

For daily stuff I like Frebreeze Air Effects or One, and for intense odors like fire smoke, I like Room Shocker.

• Gk

I bought a diffuser and use essential oils. It really makes the house smell nice. You do need to be careful if you have pets because some essential oils are not pet friendly.

• Hi Beverly - This is the best DIY and all-natural febreze style spray that we use. Good luck! Hugs, Holly
  • Crazyliblady

I do not use air fresheners. Those things are loaded with chemicals that are not good for you. Cleaning your home with non toxic products will go a long way towards changing the smell of your home. I use white vinegar, dish soap, water, and baking soda mixed up in a 16 oz bottle to clean almost everything in my house.