I have a small spot of blood stain on my quilt. What’s the easy way

IvycrafterPattySharon Willis
+7

to get it out!

• Gk

Soak in cold water and detergent for 30 minutes. Pretreat with a product like Shout and then wash in the hottest water you can for the quilt. Do not dry until the spot is gone.

• Mogie

LA's Awesome cleaner. You can get it at Dollar General or even the Dollar Tree.
  • Kzk33757089

Use hydrogen peroxide, it gets blood out of most things.
  • Carrie Ashwell

I know it sounds gross but good old fashioned spit (yes your saliva) if it’s your blood or who evers spit the stain belongs to. There is science behind it, your own saliva will remove its own blood. Wet it down with a little water and spit away then wash as the quilts directions recommend
  • Roxanne Howell

Maybe some peroxide

• Ivycrafter

A Physician told me that hospital laundries use Peroxide to remove blood from fabric. She said, "It takes out even OLD blood."

• Yas32908244

the blood stain came off!!!

its a miracle!!

thank you,thank you!

from Honolulu,Hawaii

Lina

• Sharon Willis

Try hydrogen Peroxide
  • Patty

I was told years ago from a seamstress that when they poke fingers with needles and get Their Blood on the material, they use their own spit. If it’s not a huge spot, spit on it and your spit will take the blood out! I have done this on small blood spots and it’s worked.

Another way - Is Rubbing Alcohol. Pick up the quilt and put your hand behind/under the spot, pour some alcohol on the spot let it soak in (maybe 30 seconds) * still with hand behind, that way the alcohol is getting the back of the spot & not going all over* rub the material together or use your finger. Then with some maneuvering, run spot under cold water. You might need to do this a few times to get the blood completely out. You can use a spray bottle with alcohol in it, this, I found was better than pouring. With the spraying you get some force to it which helps push the blood out. Alcohol is also great for taking ink out!

• Ivycrafter

Glad to have helped!!