Kristi
Kristi
  • San Antonio, TX

How do I replace mulch with ground cover like Asian Jasmine?

Kathy MNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

I live in San Antonio, Texas and I have no gardening knowledge

• Yay San Antonio! A beautiful city! Well Kristi, we all had to learn somehow. You are in the right place! Hometalkers are a smart and creative bunch, we can guide you though any project you wish to tackle. Asian jasmine is an excellent choice BUT it can become extremely invasive very quickly. If you have a contained area, go for it.

There are other pretty groundcover plants that are fun. Creeping thyme, sedum, clover. All will grow in your location.

Give your local Ag Extension a call and see what else they might suggest. Google and find the "better" nurseries in your area, many have a master gardener on staff for any questions you may have too. 🌞
  • Kathy M

i recommend going native to take fullest advantage of your conversion to greenery - even all spaces can benefit the local ecosystem. Chec out the Texas "Wildflower Research Center " and Texas native plant society for great ideas