Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Door Transformation

$200

I (my wife) decided to re decorate our door and give it some more Provence touch.

We added 3 squares made of molding and painted it with a matte finish dark blue color. The result really transforms the entire entryway.

door transformation, Before Regular metal door
Before... Regular metal door

This is the door before we did anything to it. Not a lot to look at, right?

door transformation, Measurment and cutting of molds
Measurement and cutting of molding

We started by measuring the moldings and cutting them to the right sizes. This part wasn't tough, but it had to be exact, otherwise the squares would look wonky and the finish wouldn't be high-end at all.

door transformation, Place them on the floor as a preview

I placed the squares on the floor as a preview, just to make sure that everything would translate well to the door.

door transformation, Put some silicon stick

I put some silicon caulk on the back of the molding and stuck it up on the door.

door transformation, Place them all on the door

I placed them on the door and then added caulk to the edges, smoothing it with my fingers as I went.

door transformation

Next, I painted the door and trim with 2 coats of primer (waiting an hour between each layer).

door transformation

Last, I painted it 3 times with the matte finish dark blue color

(again waiting an hour between each layer).

door transformation, The After
The "After"

Isn't that really different! Cool what a little trim and a little paint can do. If you want to see it in action, I've created a short video that I'll add later... :)

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 11, 2018 11:57 PM - More info