Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Door Transformation

$200

I (my wife) decided to re decorate our door and give it some more Provence touch.

We added 3 squares made of molding and painted it with a matte finish dark blue color. The result really transforms the entire entryway.

door transformation, Before Regular metal door
Before... Regular metal door

This is the door before we did anything to it. Not a lot to look at, right?

door transformation, Measurment and cutting of molds
Measurement and cutting of molding

We started by measuring the moldings and cutting them to the right sizes. This part wasn't tough, but it had to be exact, otherwise the squares would look wonky and the finish wouldn't be high-end at all.

door transformation, Place them on the floor as a preview

I placed the squares on the floor as a preview, just to make sure that everything would translate well to the door.

door transformation, Put some silicon stick

I put some silicon caulk on the back of the molding and stuck it up on the door.

door transformation, Place them all on the door

I placed them on the door and then added caulk to the edges, smoothing it with my fingers as I went.

door transformation

Next, I painted the door and trim with 2 coats of primer (waiting an hour between each layer).

door transformation

Last, I painted it 3 times with the matte finish dark blue color

(again waiting an hour between each layer).

door transformation, The After
The "After"

Isn't that really different! Cool what a little trim and a little paint can do. If you want to see it in action, I've created a short video that I'll add later... :)

Gilad

• San24215580

I have been wanting to do this, I thought of old picture frames and that way I wouldn't have to cut and measure, what do you think?

• Jami Colich

Absolutely! But beware, the inside edge of picture frames r often not flush like the outside. But nothing some caulking can’t fix!

• Did you do both sides of the door?

• Eileen Hunter-Osborne

With it being an entrance/exit door there would be different steps I’m sure, but doable. If it’s on an inside door yes you could do the other side with the same exact steps.

• Lu Lu Jaquez

Can I use paint with primer

• Dawn Brossette

WOW! What a difference. I love it! It looks amazing

• Jewell Martin

That’s a great job, Gilad. I hope my door turns out as well. Thank you for sharing. ☺️