Kristy
Kristy
  • Gainesville, GA

Movable Splot Rail Fence- Any suggestions?

Johnavallance82Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAMamamimi
+1

We would like to put up a split rail fence, but we rent and would like to take it with us when it's time to move. I'm having a problem finding something to use as a sleeve to put the posts in so they are easily removable. Any suggestions?

• Mamamimi

Cinder or cement block and the rails. By positioning the blocks on their sides, stack 2 or 2-3 if you can, then slide your rails in. I have no pics, but did this at a previous house....you can paint or otherwise fisguise the blocks with small bushes or I used decoratice ornamental grasse......

• Mamamimi

Sorry, have fat fingets today, pls forgive the typos

• Buckets. Set your posts in cement with buckets. Screw the rails together. When you move, unscrew and pack up!
  • Johnavallance82

Hello Kirsty, You can buy "Metapost" We have them in England, and are probably available where you live too. There are different sorts, 1. has a flat plate to attach to a deck etc. 2. Has a spike to go into the ground. Each style holds a Fence post.