Heather Kuder
Heather Kuder
  • Springfield, MO

Flower frame- how to preserve?

DesertRoseIngrid GormazHeather Kuder
+5

How could I take flower from my plants like these and preserve them and keep them looking like these and then put them into a picture frame! If that's even possible!?

q flower frame
  • Ingrid Gormaz

I had a neighbor who would make beautiful arrangements by drying flowers with silica gel for a few days, then she would paint them to make sure they would keep their color. Maybe you could press them in a heavy book first, then dry them in silica gel. Hope that helps a little.

• Here is one I purchased a few years back at the Craftsman's Fair in Gatlinburg, TN, fall (October) - they have them in June and October.
    , And this is who grew the flowers and made it Really sweet lady
  • Suan allen

I have seen flower presses that you can buy or make your own . Try using plain white paper, laying out your flowers between 2 sheets of paper and weigh it down with a book over night see what happens. Experiment with leaves to ..
  • Heather Kuder

What abt resin could that be possible and also spray waterproof spray on them?
  • Ingrid Gormaz

I’m not sure about resin, it might work. Maybe you could experiment and see... Good luck

• DesertRose

I have preserved too many to count and never had any problems using clear contact paper. I also do leaves in the fall the same way. You can get it where ever contact paper is sold, including Walmart. Be sure to cut around the flower about 1/8 or so o an inch to seal it well. Press them down firmly before cutting too. You can use them in a collage or however you like. I pin them up on my bulletin board/notes board or around mirrors for more color in the room, and even onto big candles etc as a side decoration. They do not fade and keep for years an years.