Beverly Bass
Beverly Bass
  • Lady Lake, FL

Flooring question- Ideas & suggestions welcome!

Jud14918733Wendy

How do you best incorporate hardwood flooring (in my living room) with a 'Florida Room' that opens to the LR and has ugly old tile/lineoleum? Can I put in white/grey tile or would that look awful with my medium colored h/wood? The Florida Room looks out onto a small lanai that has ugly cement. I'd like to make this one whole look...white, open & appealing. Ideas & suggestions welcome!

• Wendy

Hi there! Pictures of your floor would really help answering your question. Here's my suggestion, you can totally incorporate a light tile with your wood floors. And you can 100% paint your cement lanai. Good luck!
  • Jud14918733

I think tile next to hardwood is fine, I have it in my own home.As long as you're using neutral colors(and it sounds like you are) it should work beautifully. Try to pick an indoor /outdoor tile so you can do both areas the same.