Heather Ducharme
Heather Ducharme
  • Castroville, TX

How to I kill/repel fire ants naturally?

Grace RobertsonKateJewellmartin
+1

My garden has literally been taken over my fire ants. They are moving the dirt around and completely covering the bell pepper plants! How can I kill or repel them naturally without compromising my beautiful plants? Please help!

Thank you!

• Shore grandmom

I saw this a little while ago and put it in my favorites on my computer. It's very interesting.

https://www.hometalk.com/36651130/ants-safe-and-effective-cure?r=2

• Jewellmartin

It’s time for the big guns, Heather! Fire ants are nothing to play around with. Get professional fire ant poison and use as directed. Don’t step near the bell pepper plants! Enough fire ant bites can kill you. Best wishes, Matt Dillon. Get ‘em all. ☺️
  • Kate

I have used red pepper crushed and flakes on fire ants. Sprinkle on the trails they take

• Grace Robertson

Some people swear by this, sprinkle some coarsely ground cornmeal around the hill and then wait. SUPPOSEDLY the grains swell,the ants can't digest it and that's what kills them. I don't know about that, but I do know what I would do. I would high tail it to the garden centers and buy a bag of ant poison. That will take care of them. As a person that has been dealing with fire ants and gotten stung I sure wouldn't take any chances on home remedies. Those little buggers are dangerous. Pets have been killed because of the numerous stings.