Colleen Bradley
Colleen Bradley
  • San Diego, CA

How to kill ants non toxic

Holly Bertone | Pink FortitudeEms10643799OceeB
+4

• Colleen Bradley

There was a recipe a couple weeks ago and it is with Dawn, White Vinegar and something else...and the "creator" said the proportions were the most significant. I HAVE THEM EVERYWHERE!! HELP

Hi Colleen, here's my solution, and it works for me. Make a mix of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 powdered sugar. Mix well and put around the spots they are in your garden, or inside your home, it's harmless to people and pets. You can put it in a bottle, like a pill bottle or something like that. Cut a hole on the edge of the cap, and lay the bottle on it's side so the ants can come in and get the mix. This way, it stays dry if it should rain. They will take it back to the nest and it should kill them. I'd keep it out there all season if you can. The mix makes a gas and the ants can't pass gas, so it kills them. Anything else that eats it will just taste the baking soda and say "Yuck" and walk off. It won't hurt anything that can pass gas, so it's completely safe. It helps to know what type of ant you are trying to get rid of, too. Try this site, scrolling down to see the different types of ants and how to deal with them. https://www.thespruce.com/ant-control-4127879
  • Cindy

Hi Colleen. I'm Cindy. You can make a solution of equal parts water and vinegar. Pour it in a spray bottle and spritz the ants. You can use this indoors and outdoors. Repeat in 3 or 4 days to kill newly hatched ants.

• OceeB

Hi Colleen

I purchased diatomaceous earth and use on ant hills. It is natural and it affects their exoskeleton and will get rid of them. You can sprinkle on baseboards inside home too. make sure it is food grade and it can be used inside house by dusting crevices etc where they are. It also works on nasty palmetto bugs aka roaches.

You can can purchase locally at Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot or garden center.

Good luck and enjoy being ant free soon!
  • Ems10643799

Borax, lemon juice and water in spray bottle.
  • Hi Colleen - This is the best DIY and all-natural method we use and it's super effective. Good luck! Hugs, Holly