What backsplash should I use?

YoShedogKrafty Mrs.K
+2

I have a dark kitchen. Dark cabinets with paneling above and around it. Poured floors. Butcher block counters. I want a country/farm kitchen and I want to design it around the countertops. I need some major (cheap) ideas! A designer I am not.

• Beadboard gives a country feel to a room. Maybe that would work for you.
  • Sharon

Tin ceiling tiles and backsplashes can look either very old or a shiny pop of color... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Great-Lakes-Tin-Jamestown-2-ft-x-2-ft-Nail-up-Tin-Ceiling-Tile-in-Unfinished-T51-03/205861596

• Krafty Mrs.K

What about beadboard or textured wall paper that looks like beadboard with scrubable paint?
    Also there is metal or plastic sheets that look like old time pressed tin ceilings.
    Whatever you use, pick a light color like cream or white to brighten the area. Consider under cabinet LED lights. If the backsplash is light just a few LEDs can give all the light you would need.
  • Shedog

You can never go wrong with a white subway tile, totally works with everything!
  • Yo

Here is goes! Paint your cabinets white One coat of Behr premium will suffice). Once the doors are dried up, distress them with sand paper. As for the backsplash, use barn wood. Add a Baker's rack to store day-to-day dishes and glasses (painted and distress in the same manner as the cabinets). Use yellow as your accent color.