How to get rid of poison ivy in hedges and bushes?

MelbrooksRowgop (Pam)

One large oak tree is 10-15 feet from the poison ivy. I want to make sure it is safe. But I cannot find anyone in the Austin area who knows what to do.
(I am very allergic to this pesky plant!)

• Rowgop (Pam)

Gayle, this is going to be hard for you if real allergic to poison ivy. Which I can totally relate. I look at it and can get it just about. Lol. Maybe you can find someone that is not highly allergic. If not wear long sleeve and long pants, gloves and mask. Follow info in website. Then throw clothes in washer and take shower. IMMEDIATELY

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kill-ivy-hedge-66220.html

• Melbrooks

I got rid of the poison ivy in my ivy bed that was growing up my crape myrtle tree. I wore latex gloves and long sleeves, and sprayed the round up poison ivy killer into my hand so I could rub it on both sides of each leaf while not getting the adjacent good ivy or affecting the tree. I sprayed the new shoots that tried to sprout in the grass, and after a month of diligence the poison ivy was gone. That was last year, and I'm happy to say that it has not returned!