What do i do with my back yard?

EloiseJeanette SRedcatcec
+2

I have a huge back yard. It used to have a wooden swing set, 12 foot sandbox (still there) and a swimming pool. My son is now a teenager and Doesn't "play" anymore. How do I make it in an oasis diy style?

• Johnavallance82

Plant Fruit Trees, Fruit Bushes and enjoy the harvest! Or Turn it into a Veg
    Garden - or Flower Garden - or Entertainment Garden with BBQ and Bar etc.
    Or Combination of all. Enjoy........
  • Hi Melinda - Get rid of any sandbox container, keep the sand... add a bunch of dirt and grow some strawberries (they LOVE sandy soil). And create a little garden path around the area. Just a thought for some inspiration. Good luck! Hugs, Holly
  • Redcatcec

Hi Melinda,
    There are many beautiful landscaping projects all over the web.
    A nice patio, pergola, carefully chosen and placed trees, ornamental bushes, but something g low maintenance.
    Many choices to be beautiful and practical, yet creative.
  • Jeanette S

If you are not interested in another structure or use for the sandbox area, remove any structure, spread the sand around over your lawn (lawns love a sprinkle of sand occasionally). It is great for leveling out dips in the lawn. The add some topsoil and seed or sod!