Sheryl
Sheryl
  • Metairie, LA

How do I repair sinking pool deck?

WilliamSharonMona Blake
+1

We have an I ground pool with pavers around it as a deck. It has been about 10 years since installation. Several areas are sinking, making it. Tripping hazard.

• OceeB

Sheryl,
    Yikes.. I know this is upsetting after spending for the investment 10 years ago. Did you contact the original builder of pool installation? It sounds like could be a compaction issue and base for the sinking stones. The builder should at least come provide a free estimate and tell you what is happening.

Are the pavers all in one spot or sporatically? I would want to make sure that the pool is not leaking and causing an area to fail.

I do not know how large the pavers to remove.. you may want to redo the base and saw this tutorial.

• Mona Blake

You must dig them up and put more soil underneath. Call you local pool company.
  • Sharon

Don't know how big these pavers are? where they poured in place? if they are large, I would get a pro to level it.

10 years is a long time. You would need to remove the sinking pavers. Fill the areas with pave sand and level.smooth it out. Then reinstall the pavers filling with sand as needed. So simple.