How to keep squirrels out of garden?

ShuganneChubby58Nancy Turner

• Nancy Turner

I use a four pronged approach. I sprinkle the garden generously with cayenne pepper powder, then grate Irish Spring bar soap on top of that. If the taste doesn't get them, maybe the strong scent will. I feed them away from any garden area. If those don't work, I put mouse traps bailed with peanut butter in the areas they bother the worst. The snap of the trap seems to chase them away for a while. Then I go to another area and repeat with the trap until you don't see them anymore. Repeat the pepper powder as necessary, especially if it rains, the soap as needed, it lasts longer. I hope this helps you David, to deal with your squirrels!

• Chubby58

Try a plastic owl, the real looking ones. Make sure you move it every couple days. I also have real looking rubber snakes that I hang from my tomato cages and throw quite a few on the ground as well.

• Shuganne

A Hometalker recently repurposed cds to keep the squirrel population out of her garden. You could search for her full article, but the picture gives the general idea. I hope this helps!
    , CDs tied together with fishing line and a heavy bell to ring in the breeze Sunlight glittering as the CDs spin also seems to help