Remedy for outdoor ants?

Karen DNancy TurnerRo
+3

• Vimarhonor

Hello Sbk,

I like the ease of a commercial ant trap— both indoors and outdoors. The Terro brand that I have used with great sucess with -is recommended quite highly. You can check out the reviews and Q&A here— to see if it would meet your needs. I recently set them up a few weeks ago and —problem is once again —solved.

Once you get these traps in place the ant problem is distant memory. They are very effortless, effective and cost-effective. They do not smell badly like an ant aerosol spray does.

I sometimes also use Terro outdoor versions— outside around the foundation perimeter as the ants can be seen under rocks and in my seasonal flowering planters, the do like shade and moisture. Believe the outdoor Terro traps that I’m using right now last for three months and they’ve been quite effective. I would enthusiastically recommend them.

https://www.amazon.com/Terro-1806-Outdoor-Liquid-Baits/dp/B004Q3QQNC/ref=pd_bxgy_86_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004Q3QQNC&pd_rd_r=cf8e341e-8834-11e8-9b7a-e1a1378d6917&pd_rd_w=YWQdM&pd_rd_wg=xbdPk&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3914568618330124508&pf_rd_r=E0M019FNK8ABS2533YDX&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=E0M019FNK8ABS2533YDX

• Louise

I sprinkled ground cinnamon on a couple small hills near my back door. They moved elsewhere and never came back.

• Erica Ray

use the stakes or homedepot sells the poison that you can put out . White Vinegar also works.

• Ro

Terro works great
  • Nancy Turner

I use Sweetened Cornmeal bread and muffin packages. They are cheap and a little goes a long ways. I sprinkle it on each hill. Depending on the size of the colony and the size of the ants, they are usually gone within a week. I did this for a neighbor while she was on vacation and taking care of her yard. It took one to two days for smaller hills and ants, and about a week for one that was huge with larger ants. I checked each day and if I still found ants at the hill, it got heavily covered. Each day it was cleaned off and less and less ants, until there were no more. They go for the sweet, but can't digest the cornmeal. It is safe for humans and pets, just like critters like them.

• Karen D

Dry grits. Seriously they eat it and then when their digestive juices start working it swells. They even will take it back to their friends.