Alicia71jd
Alicia71jd
  • Garland, TX

I planted cilantro the died- How do I keep them alive??

Nancy TurnerDysko7710

How do I keep them alive and not die on me. It's my first time planting cilantro

• Dysko7710

I planted a bunch of herbs. They need lots of sunlight, so if indoors put them in a window. They also need plenty of water, more than you would think. My outdoor herbs start wilting even after one day of no watering.
  • Nancy Turner

Cilantro is much the same as growing parsley, they like sun and water, My herbs are all in pots and they get water daily if it doesn't rain and mine get huge in the ten to twelve inch pots I use. If you have them indoors, you may find that they don't get enough sun, unless the sun comes directly into the window all day and may need a grow light. I have a room with almost a full wall of tall almost floor to ceiling windows facing south. Even in the winter, with no leaves on the trees, my herbs that I bring in don't do well at all. There just isn't enough bright sun, only the indirect sun plants do well. Water them as the weather directs, but don't give them too much, make sure that the soil drains well and isn't packed too hard so that the roots can't spread. I fertilize with an extended release one and don't fertilize again for the season. I hope this works for you Alicia!