How to rid yard of mold in dirt?

Elizabeth Anne Cox GriffithGk

How to rid yard of mold in the dirt?

• Gk

I would rake the area and make sure it stays dry if possible. Hopefully the sun will dry it out. If it is a damp wet area--like close to a swamp--it will always be wet and produce all sorts of fungus.

• Elizabeth Anne Cox Griffith

White powdery mildew or other kinds? Infested soil needs sun and a chance to dry out, but a good soil soak slows down the powdery mildew that grows on my roses. Powdery mildew loves heat stress as an opportunity to attack vulnerable plants. I am trying onions and members of the onion family this year as a means of keeping down molds. I won't know until next year if it works. Elsewhere, adding soil amendment and digging up the soil (and letting it dry) has helped. For plants, I look for disease resistance. at least until I can find the cause of the powdery mildew. For other types of molds, dry out and get some sun on it. Plant alliums (california wild ginger loves water and is supposed to retard mold, but it is expensive. There must be other plants like it) Copper and other organic sprays are also a possibility.

• RMontanez

Hi Liz,

This is Robbie (my real name is Ravello Montanez).

I hope you still remember me. I have lost your phone number. I've been searching for you in a long time. We've met before in WalMart & Chabot College about 4 years ago. I had seen you in WalMart one time, about a year ago. You have seen me too, but I don't have the courage to approach you at that moment. Please give me a call or text me at 510-688-4085. I would like to talk to you again, be friends. You will remember me once you see me. I gave you my resume (to know me better) when we're just getting started to know each other. Thanks, Robbie