Removing wallpaper- what can we do?

SusanCharlie Wright WeaverDee
+1

We painted bathroom after removing wallpaper and can see leftover glue. What can we do?

• Joyce McCluer Pappan

Sand. Is all we did.

• Dee

I hate to say this but you will have to repaint. First use a cleaner degreaser and get all the glue off. Then repaint.

• Charlie Wright Weaver

I use a mixture of vinegar and water. I cup of vinegar to 2 cups of water. After I take the top layer of wall paper off, I spray the underlayer with this mixture and then use a putty knife. It usually comes off nice and clean and then I just rub it town with a damp rag, let dry and then do my next project.

• Susan

I recently stripped wallpaper and then painted the walls. After removing all the paper ,I scrubbed the walls with a soapy mixture and a nylon scrubbing pad. It is hard work and you have to keep scrubbing and wiping off with a cloth rinsed in plain water until the wall is no longer tacky. As you have already repainted, it will need lots of scrubbing. Good luck