Cherie Kelley
Cherie Kelley
  • Baltimore, MD

Need usage ideas for cement pad.

Kal21880830MogieJoyce Eikenberry
+2

We have a cement pad in the back yard on other side of our fenced in area for our dogs. Nothing was ever there and don't know what previous owners had in mind for it. It is approximately 40 x 20 and my husband does not want to put a building on it because it would block the view to the area the wildlife come in. Any ideas?

• Mogie

Make it a bbq area, nice place for wooden planters to sit, good foundation for a small tool shed, even a defined area for chairs and outdoor umbrella.

• Janice

Hi Cherie, you could make it into a people area with a few outdoor chairs and tables there to be away from the dogs if you like. Or maybe it would be a great foundation for a garden shed for storage.

• Joyce Eikenberry

You didn't say what size pad or whether it's square or round. In any case, I would put up a portable gazebo or a screen house, and furnish it with outdoor carpet (or AstroTurf), chairs, tables and a specific spot for a cooler.

• Mogie

Also a good level foundation for a fountain. And if there is no electricity a solar fountain.

• Kal21880830

It might have been poured for a storage shed. Depending on the size that would be my guess.