Native, Drought Tolerant Plants for Your Yard

Given our current drought situation in Southern California, THIS was the best year to take out our front lawn and put in native, drought tolerant plants. My city offered us $1 per square foot of lawn that we took out and replaced with native, drought tolerant plants, so we jumped on board with that. I don't even miss that green lawn - it was full of weeds and expensive to keep it green in the summer.
We landscaped it so that there is plenty of room for these plants to grow and fill in over the next few years.
I have listed all the plants we used, along with where they are planted. Again, several of them are going to grow and get much bigger, so it wouldn't be wise to plant too many or there would be too many and be a big mess in a year. Once they fill in, there will be a lot less of the "concrete" look and a much softer look. Maintenance will continue to decrease.
For specific names of plants, please click on link after all the pictures.
Details on our native, drought tolerant plants - Click the link below to get the full list of all the plants used and an updated photo of what it looks like two years later -all filled in!
Specific plant listed
Which plants where. Click on link below to get exact names of all the plants and more details on the front yard makeover.

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Organizing Made Fun-Becky Barnfather

• Mona
    Mona

What are the names of the drought tolerant plants ?
  • Judy
    Judy

What is the name of the plant that looks like a shade of blue & spikey looking foliage?

• Amy
      Amy

Honestly to me it looks like blue fescue. Beautiful grass however it's native to Central and Southern Europe... Not California. The grass with the purple flowers appears to be liriope which is native to Asia.. Again not California.

I may be mistaken but I would not trust the details in this post if you are looking to create a native garden unless you get clarification from the author. 😊

• Susie
    Susie

Drought tolerant, full sun Florida landscaping

• Pamela Bain
    Pamela Bain

I don't see a link below to get the names of the plants listed. If it is your intention to give us the names please give us the link.