DIY Plaster Flower Vase

$20

Who would have thought plaster, a balloon, and some paint would create such a gorgeous masterpiece?! This DIY Flower Vase is so gorgeous, and looks delicious, too! (cake pops anyone??) haha. This flower vase can be made for weddings, birthdays, Mother's Day, or any event you choose!

I had so much plaster left over from my previous projects and I wanted to make a vase so I quickly put two and two together and decided to make a vase. I had so much trouble making the vase in the beginning that I was tempted to just give up. I left the project alone after a few days and came back to it with a fresh mind! I finally thought of using larger balloons other than the standard birthday balloons we typically see at the store and READ the directions for mixing the plaster of paris! With those two simple adjustments, I was able to create this beauty!

I poured the plaster in the balloon and blew it up to the size I wanted.

I poured some waterproof sealant inside and the outside to make the vase waterproof!

I let the plaster dry and painted the vase

I designed some of the vase with gilding paint

If you're wondering, yes!! It's waterproof!!

If you'd like to make this for yourself, check out the blog post below for a full list of materials and instructions.

Also, be sure to sign up for my newsletter so you get DIY goodness delivered right to your inbox! Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/dtPq6D

Nickell Morgan

• Wandamurline

How did you get the plaster to stick to the entire inside of the balloon ... I would have thought that it would have settles in the bottom? Is there a special trick? Thanks.

• Nickell Morgan

Hi there! I have an entire blog post discussing exactly how I did this :) Basically swished it around. There's also a video in my post if you want to see it made in action :) https://www.simplyhandmadestudios.com/blog/2018/5/14/diy-plaster-flower-vase

• Shirley Sanders

I would roll the balloon around to be sure the plaster is sticking to the sides during the drying process. What do you think?

• Randal

I wonder if this would work. Insert another ballon inside of the first one already filled, and then blow it up, wherin it will make the round shape you need, and also more than likely spread the mixture about evenly. Just an idea, may not work, but hey our world has developed on trial and error. ;0)

Sorry about the typos apparently it will not let me go back and correct them, without erasing the whole paragraph.

• Cha34090019

Did you close the balloon....and the open or pop it?

How did you get a flat bottom?

• Eddiy Hilliard

How do you go about getting the plaster to stick to the balloon til it cures?