Need bathroom and master bathroom help

+7

My 1920 master bathroom only has a toilet. I need ideas to create a functional bathroom. I also need to make a guest bathroom and need ideas?

q need bathroom and master bathroom helo

Master bath

2nd pic of master bath

(1st pic)I want to make guest bathroom in the left corner closing the 1st set of doors

(2nd pic) This is where I would like The guest bathroom . Any ideas you can throw my way would be greatful

• KATHLEEN    A. KLEMAN KATHLEEN A. KLEMAN on Jul 19, 2018

ANY POSSIBILITY OF PUTTING IN A SHOWER. HOW BIG IS THE ROOM?

• Pamela Wood Pamela Wood on Jul 19, 2018

if you do install a shower, try and get one with a door that rolls around, instead of opening up into the room. in the far corner.

• Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jul 19, 2018

Would a wonderful master bathroom...other then it needs the bath ;)

If you can I'd add plumbing for a sink and shower/tub. Beyond that it's the perfect large space to add a comfy chair and side table to create a lovely dressing space. Something frilly would be wonderful in this old home.

If by chance you don't want to run plumbing they do sell a sink attachment for the backs of toliets. https://www.homedepot.com/p/SinkPositive-Touch-Free-Water-Space-Saving-Adjustable-Toilet-Tank-Retrofit-Sink-Faucet-Basin-White-HD214-01/205088518?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD29B%7C29-23_FIXTURES%7CNA%7CPLA%7c71700000032906557%7c58700003861657818%7c92700031017251038&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXSrBipSh96bIkOtAz4IBj9jvN5JsdMkDrbSMRDYRpu7TDTvJ5OwMlRoCzYYQAvD_BwE&dclid=CNS71JG5q9wCFRJiAQod9twP7g

• Carol Sybrowsky Carol Sybrowsky on Jul 19, 2018

First of all, you have a great space there! I would be on the look out for two vintage buffet cabinets to convert into vanities. If you have a Habitat for Humanity near you, they often have used, vintage bathroom fixtures that just need to be cleaned up. Several years ago I bought a large, porcelain kitchen sink for $60. A little kitchen cleanser and it looked like new! A similar new sink was over $400.

Please post a diagram with dimensions of this space. It will be easier for people to give you concrete suggestions.

HOW ABOUT A CLAW FOOT TUB. BOTTOM WINDOWS COULD BE COVERED FOR PRIVACY. ALL WOULD DEPEND ON PLUMBING OPTIONS.
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jul 20, 2018
    There will be a lot of plumbing changes and additions. What I would do is, make a two glass sided shower in the middle of the room. You could make a toilet section, with a wall separating the rest of the bath, about 5 foot wide. Then put in the shower in the widest part of the room. From the dimensions you gave, you should be able to put in a 6ft (along the wall) x 5ft shower. Then you could put in a 42 inch vanity. What I suggest is that you get a bunch of newspaper and chairs or anything on the smaller size that's easy to move around. Lay the papers on the floor where you think you might want to put things. Put the chairs on top to give it a kind of 3d dimension. Walk around it for a little while and make sure everything is where you want it.
    As for the guest bathroom, I would put in a small window where the doors are. Put the toilet beside the siding (which should be removed) facing the window. Put a small vanity under the window. Good luck with your renos and let us know how it came out. Take pictures through the whole process, don't forget the after pictures because you already have the befores and post your projects on the website.
  • Kira Kira on Mar 05, 2020

This is a nice article with plenty of ideas and tips, enjoy! https://planner5d.com/ru/blog/cSZG/55-sublime-small-bathroom-design-ideas:-best-remodeling-tips-and-layouts

• Beni Beni on Feb 08, 2021

There are several ideas to implement a bathroom or remodeling an existing one, and you only have to make sure you know what you want. You can limit the guest bathroom to a shower, toilet, and sink for limited space, while the more voluminous bathroom elements can be used in your private bathroom. What is important is that you leave enough room for people to be able to move in the bathroom. Regardless of how much you would like to have two fully equipped bathrooms, if the elements are jammed and packed together, it won’t look particularly appealing for anyone using it.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 3 days ago

Hello, Call in a few Plumbers to get an idea of what you could do, and how much and how long it would take to do!