YOLO - Easy DIY Felt Wall Hanging

$10

Are you looking for a fun and fast way to fill a blank empty spacy on your wall? Maybe in a teen room?

Here is a modern DIY felt wall hanging that is simple and cheap to make!

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging

This is what you need to get started on you project:

Embroidery Hoop 10"

Cotton Fabric

Felt fabric, selected colors of your choice

Needle and cotton thread

Textile glue (optional)

Note: this project is perfect for all of you that have smaller pieces of felt fabric laying around, since you dont need large amounts . I always save scraps of fabric from other projects because you can always find use for them later on!

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging

Embroidery hoop 10"

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging

Cotton Fabric

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging
  • Start off by attaching the cotton fabric to the embroidery hoop. Trim the edges of the fabric on the back of the hoop (sorry missed taking a photo of it before)

• Decide on a layout and style. I gifted my sister in law with this wall hanging and the word "yolo" suits her perfectly! But of course you can add any design you want ;)

• Trace your design onto the felt fabric and cut the pieces out with a textile scissors.

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging
  • Play around with the pieces until you find a design you like.

At this stage you can find it helpful to secure the felt with small amounts of textile glue. It will help the pieces stay in place when you do the stitches. Just make sure you add the glue in the center and not the edges!

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging
  • Stitch around the edges of the felt, using a thread in a matching color.
yolo easy diy felt wall hanging

I have a small obsession for bows (I have made tons of hair felt bows for my girls, thats where all my scrap pieces of felt came from for this project :-D )

So I couldnt help but to add a little bow also. This bow doesnt require stitches, its just two parts glued together.

Stitch the bow in place.

yolo easy diy felt wall hanging

Thats it! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will try to make one of these of your own!

For more creative ideas - visit me on instagram: naomile