How can I level a wood floor without damaging the orig floor?

+8

I have 8 ikea detolf display cabinets and they are not stable and leane the space is 135 in wide and 78 in deep

q how can i level a wood floor without damaging the orig floor
  • Thelma Thelma on Jul 23, 2018
    It appears the entire floor is uneven. This means the house is not level and might need someone to go into the crawlspace and put blocks under the floor joists to level them. If you're not handy at such work, better get a contractor or friend to help do this. Good Luck!
  • Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jul 23, 2018
    If the basement is below you can level it s l o w l y. Keep a level on top till it's where you want it or till you see too much resistance to your floor above. There are other methods but this is the only one I'm familiar with.
  • Linda Linda on Jul 23, 2018

You could use shims under the cabinets to level them before attaching to the wall.

• Teacup8885 Teacup8885 on Jul 23, 2018

Maybe add adjustable sturdy feet to bottom of each piece!?

• William William on Jul 23, 2018

Don't level the floor. Level the cabinets. Use wood shims to level the cabinets. That's how kitchen cabinets are leveled.

• Maria Maria on Jul 23, 2018
      Thank you the shims and brackets sounds like the best solution
  • Pat Pat on Jul 23, 2018

You probably just need something to hold your storage units to the wall so they won't tip over. We used "L" brackets for our china cupboard. Could something like that be used? Probably need something more invisible but something like that would work, I think.

• Maria Maria on Jul 23, 2018
  • Pat Pat on Jul 23, 2018

I think shims are the answer unless you can use some kind of brackets that I mentioned.

• Maria Maria on Jul 23, 2018