Honey Comb Melt and Pour Soap Recipe

$5

This honey comb soap was inspired by the new Winnie the Pooh movie. It's really easy to make, but it looks amazing. With just one simple upcycled scrap, you can make a realistic looking honeycomb effect on your soap without buying a special mold.
You'll need a pound of melt and pour soap base, a silicon mold, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil, soap colorant, and bubble wrap.
I used a rectangular silion mold for my honeycomb soap, but you can use round. Start by taking a piece of bubble wrap and cutting it to the same size as the inside of the soap mold.

Lay it on the bottom of the mold. Then cut your soap into small chunks and put in a heat proof glass container to melt. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted.
Add the raw honey and grapeseed oil. Stir well. If you use raw honey that has crystallized, stir them out or remove them with a spoon. Add soap colorant. I used 4 drops yellow to 1 drop red.
Slowly pour the melted soap over the bubble wrap and fill the soap molds. Let cool completely.
Unmold the soap and carefully peel back the bubble wrap. You now have a beautiful honeycomb looking bar of soap!

________________________________________

Everything Pretty

• Rebecca

Is the grape seed oil important to this recipe or can you do without it?

• Toni Shelton

Could you use coconut oil or would it make the soap smell like coconut?

• Shuganne

I have incredibly hard well water. Lots of bath bar soaps break down into flaky globs that coat the side of the tub. Would this work with my hard water or can you recommend an alternative recipe or site to try. I've never tried to make my own soap; it sounds interesting. Thanks!

• Shuganne

Thanks! I will look at your blog!

I usually buy bar soap several months ahead and open the packages so the bars dry out before we need them. I usually don't have a problem with soap soup in the soap dish. However, I'm going to take a good look at your blog, as I really could find something better. Thanks, again!