Honey Comb Melt and Pour Soap Recipe

$5

This honey comb soap was inspired by the new Winnie the Pooh movie. It's really easy to make, but it looks amazing. With just one simple upcycled scrap, you can make a realistic looking honeycomb effect on your soap without buying a special mold.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

You'll need a pound of melt and pour soap base, a silicon mold, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil, soap colorant, and bubble wrap.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

I used a rectangular silion mold for my honeycomb soap, but you can use round. Start by taking a piece of bubble wrap and cutting it to the same size as the inside of the soap mold.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

Lay it on the bottom of the mold. Then cut your soap into small chunks and put in a heat proof glass container to melt. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

Add the raw honey and grapeseed oil. Stir well. If you use raw honey that has crystallized, stir them out or remove them with a spoon. Add soap colorant. I used 4 drops yellow to 1 drop red.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

Slowly pour the melted soap over the bubble wrap and fill the soap molds. Let cool completely.

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

Unmold the soap and carefully peel back the bubble wrap. You now have a beautiful honeycomb looking bar of soap!

honey comb melt and pour soap recipe

For more information and tips, be sure to read the original blog post.

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 06, 2018 11:41 PM - More info
Cari Dunn

3 questions on this project
  • Shuganne
    Aug 11, 2018

I have incredibly hard well water. Lots of bath bar soaps break down into flaky globs that coat the side of the tub. Would this work with my hard water or can you recommend an alternative recipe or site to try. I've never tried to make my own soap; it sounds interesting. Thanks!

• Shuganne
      Aug 11, 2018

Thanks! I will look at your blog!

I usually buy bar soap several months ahead and open the packages so the bars dry out before we need them. I usually don't have a problem with soap soup in the soap dish. However, I'm going to take a good look at your blog, as I really could find something better. Thanks, again!

• Toni Shelton
    Aug 10, 2018

Could you use coconut oil or would it make the soap smell like coconut?

• Rebecca
    Aug 09, 2018

Is the grape seed oil important to this recipe or can you do without it?