What will kill fire ants

+4
  • Mwood Mwood on Jul 23, 2018

You can now buy coyote urine, the most effective fire ant killer

• Marisa Marisa on Jul 23, 2018

Amdro Ant Blocker is the only thing that works.

I paid a pro with no results and was recommend to use Amdro by a landscapers. It really works because it kills the queen. It does take two weeks but once she is dead they disappear. It might need to be done a month later but I really is permanent solution. I also have cats and dog and had no problem

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 23, 2018
    Hi Bth: Make a mix of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 powdered sugar. Mix well and put around the spots they are in your garden, or inside your home, it's harmless to people and pets. You can put it in a bottle, like a pill bottle or something like that. Cut a hole on the edge of the cap, and lay the bottle on it's side so the ants can come in and get the mix. This way, it stays dry if it should rain. They will take it back to the nest and it should kill them. I'd keep it out there all season if you can. The mix makes a gas and the ants can't pass gas, so it kills them. Anything else that eats it will just taste the baking soda and say "Yuck" and walk off. It won't hurt anything that can pass gas, so it's completely safe. It helps to know what type of ant you are trying to get rid of, too. Try this site, scrolling down to see the different types of ants and how to deal with them. Good luck:

• Mwood Mwood on Jul 23, 2018

I live in AL - Lowes carries it here.