Meredith Greenberg
Meredith Greenberg
  • Redondo Beach, CA

Curbside Find Colorful Stenciled Cabinet Makeover

$0

Check out my latest furniture project that I flipped. I found a media cabinet on the side of the road in great condition. I am grateful for my hatchback car because it allows me to fit a lot of random furniture piece that I find.

This piece was easy to load and transport back to my place to start gathering inspiration to transform it into something really beautiful. Check out the following tutorial for this gratitude mandala stenciled Cabinet makeover!!

This is the BEFORE photo of the cabinet I found…

curbside find colorful stenciled cabinet makeover

I used supplies I already had for this mandala stenciled cabinet makeover If you didn’t already know this about me, then you will learn that I love stenciling furniture projects. I think they turn out looking pretty cool and they are 100% unique.

STEP 1

I used painters tape to mask off the glass and to protect the top. I wanted to leave it natural and then add the Gratitude Mandala stencil on top of it.

STEP 2

After I painted the sides, doors, and the shelves… I figured out the placement of the mandala stencil and secured it with painters tape on the edges.

STEP 3

I used the same color I painted on the rest of the cabinet for the mandala to make it pop. I applied it with a small foam roller painting on each layer lightly so the paint wouldn’t spill out underneath.

STEP 4

I allowed the layers of paint to dry as I removed the painter’s tape. I used the same foam roller to apply Polycrylic to seal this paint job.

Once that was dry, I used furniture wax and a rag to protect the paint job. I used circular motions to apply the wax. This piece was a simple project but I am always amazed at how a little paint can transform a furniture piece.

Check out the AFTER!

Isn’t it pretty? I really love this piece and I had a buyer for it pretty quickly. She said she would be using it to store shoes for her grandkids when they come over so all of their stuff wouldn’t be all over her entryway. I love hearing how people want to use the furniture I bring back to life.

If you liked this project, you may also like my Curbside Find Ikea Hack Cube Unit Makeover and my French Poem Nightstand Makeover.

To see the full supply list that I used, please visit the blog link below.

Meredith Greenberg

• MaryAnn
    27 minutes ago

Wow! Beautiful job on that pretty little cabinet! It's a nice cheerful piece, I would have bought. I liked the fact you did not feel the need to "distress" it. I grew up in a real farm house. Believe me, my Mother would never have tolerated the distressed look, if something got grubby, it got scrubbed clean (usually by me) if the paint started wearing it got scrubbed and repainted (also usually by me). My Mother’s kitchen sparkled, not an easy thing when you heat & cook with wood. She would have put this little cabinet by the window where she kept everything important. The records for the chickens & egg business, my Father's cleaning business, house business, her journal, grocery lists, etc. She had a Morris Rocker there where she took her rare breaks and did paperwork. I would have scooped it for me as well, for my own kitchen. It's really beautiful. I love the Mandala.

• MaryAnn
    23 minutes ago

I'm saving the piece to a Pinterest file. We will be moving sometime soon and secondhand shops, and curb shopping will have to do. So I'm looking for ideas and how-to's to makeover finds.