Eloise
Eloise
  • Tutorial Team
  • United Kingdom

How to Stay Organized When You Move Frequently

$15

For whatever reason, some of us find ourselves moving pretty frequently. Whether it's because of work, study, or just because you enjoy experiencing new places, staying organized during regular moves can be tricky. I'm sharing a few tips that have served me well over the years - and I hope they'll help you, too.

how to stay organized when you move frequently

First things first - moving means you'll probably be taking furniture apart and reassembling it fairly frequently. This can be a nightmare even if you've managed to hold onto the instructions, and it's easy for tools to get mixed up.

To keep things simple, I recommend writing the name of the piece of furniture/equipment on a sheet of paper, then taping the necessary tools to it.

If you have a lot of furniture, you could follow the same concept using a folder with plastic wallets - this also allows you to store instruction booklets and other documents, like warranties.

Storage baskets are essential if you move regularly and don't want loads of loose bits and pieces to deal with.

I use the basket above to store essential cleaning products, so it's really easy to access if I need to clean after moving to a new place. This method also makes it easy to move your cleaning products from room to room as you clean the whole house.

Baskets like this also work well for toiletries, craft items, and stationary. I've chosen plastic baskets as they're sturdy and waterproof, so can be used in the kitchen or bathroom if needed.

Baskets are handy, but they can be bulky to transport so aren't always ideal for organizing inside drawers.

Luckily, these fabric drawer dividers are ideal. They are sold flat, and can then be easily opened by closing a zip at the bottom. They're available in a range of sizes, so can be mixed and matched according to your needs.

The dividers are surprisingly solid once they're zipped shut, and can easily be wiped clean. They work well for everything from clothing and accessories to electronics and cables.

Whether you've moving to San Diego or just relocating a couple of streets away, staying organized makes life easier. Follow the tips above for a stress-free move!

• Paper
  • Sticky tape
  • Curver Medium Shallow Rattan Style Basket

Eloise

1 comment