Paper Chase Wreath

$5
Advanced

This project takes hours but the results are spectacular. The wreath is made of dozens of paper roses cut out of book pages. If you want a gift this is an idea. It reflects much care and is beautiful.

I started with a styrofoam base. You can make this wreath in any size you want. The larger the more time intensive. Draw a circle between 4 and 5 inches in diameter. I used a glass as my pattern.

Supplies:

Old book

Scizors

Hot glue

Tweezers

Wreath base

Paper ribbon

After you become comfortable with the process you can cut five pages at a time.

Beginning at the outside cut a spiral leaving about an inch in the center

Beginning at the outside use the tweezers to wrap the paper into a tight coil. Put some hot glue in the center of the paper and hold the coil down until it adheres. Make many of these.

Glue the flowers on the base. I started on the inside rim and worked out.

Add a bow of your choosing. I used raffia.

And voila! The final product is spectacular! I made three of these: one for each of my daughters.

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Memorial Day Crafts
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• JMay
    JMay

I wonder if you could seal this with a clear spray lacquer ?? So it’s be easier to dust

• Em
      Em

You could dust it with a hair dryer set on cool.

• Ann22290833
    Ann22290833

The finished project seems to have many more rows of roses than the starting photo shows, and appears to be pink in color. Is it a different wreath? How did you get pink roses?

• Renee Willard
      Renee Willard

My thoughts also. It looks amazing! I'm starting tonight on drawing and cutting circles. I have so many books!!

• Antoinette Valdemira Savo
    Antoinette Valdemira Savo

When you put the hot glue in the middle of the coil, do you apply it on top or under the coil?