What's the right products I can use to refinish 2 lamps ?

+11
q what s the right products i can use to refinish 2 lamps

Here the lamp, but I start the diy alredy but finish it.

Here the progress I made already

• Unexpected Elegance Unexpected Elegance on Jul 24, 2018

Spray paint is the quickest and easiest way! 😊Just make sure you tape off any areas you don't wan the paint.

• Liv Liv on Jul 24, 2018

What do you want to refinish on them. The base or the shade?

• Liv Liv on Jul 24, 2018

Could you repost?

• Lana Hassell Lana Hassell on Jul 25, 2018

Rust-Oleum is a spray paint that prevents rust and comes in many , many different colors. I think that is what you need, Marie

• Thank you Lana Hassell, I'll buy the Rust- Oleum spray paint in home depot to refinish them ! I LOVE THEM, I can't let go of them yet, and it was a great buy too in a thrift store for $5 pair 5 years ago.
  • Dana Dana on Aug 21, 2018

HI! I have one extra little tid-bit to add...I think Rustoleum spray paint is the best answer. I've used it on many things. The trick to spray painting is making sure you use light coats. You don't want a solid thick coat of paint on the first try. I found it's better to do 5 light coats of paint than to do 2 or 3 thicker coats. This way, you won't have drips or runs in the paint and it will look more elegant. Good luck and happy painting!!

• Thanks Dana for the tips..!!!

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Sep 04, 2018

Hi Marie! I would definitely use spray paint on the base. Do many light coats to prevent drips. Tape off the cord + mechanics of the lamp to keep them clean. You could re-cover the shade with fabric if you'd like! Good luck.