Gorgeous Sparkling Epsom Salt Candle Holder.💎

$8

Hi Hometalkers! This simple yet elegant idea is perfect for weddings holidays birthdays or any special occasion! Best part is you might have some of the supplies laying around your house like I did!

First gather all your supplies! Epsom salt, food coloring, candle holder, decoupage, clear gloss sealer add a bowl to mix your Epsom salt in.

Then you dip your brush into your decoupage.

While you're waiting for the glue to get tacky you can quickly mix up your food coloring dye with your epson salt. Use as much or as little as you want. For the particular color I used I used a little bit of green and a little bit of blue.

After mixing it for 30 seconds I got this gorgeous aquamarine color.

You can either tap or pour the Epsom salt over the candle holder.

The last and final step is to put a coat of clear sealant on it. I did three coats just to be sure and let them dry in between. Make sure you do this step in a well-ventilated area or outside.

I then placed a votive candle in the holder and it was absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely going to be making more in different colors for the holidays coming up!

I had quite a bit left over so I'm going to use it in one of my decorative jars. The color is just stunning.

• Latagn

This is very cool! I just saw something similar in a furniture store for $30! I was wondering, if I would do everything up to the sealing part, could it be washed off in the dishwasher and the vase used for another project or possible another color?

• Linda Premo

It will be fine to soak in warm soapy water inside a larger container. It won’t be too messy because once the Epsom salts release from the decoupage medium they just sink to the bottom of the water.

• Angie Roy

Can you use spray adhesive?

• Jacx

You might need more of a thicker medium. Spray adhesive isn't a thick product, which is what you want when using it. Stick w thick stuff.

• Irene Kogan

how long does it last? does the salt begin to decompose or melt at some point?

• Carol

Beautiful!!

• Gabrielle Falk

Be VERY CAREFUL about Epsom salts. Which is a very strong purgative. If you ingest (Epsom Salts - either accidentally or - if you are prescribed such, for a rectal examination). Be aware, that Ep. Salts will give you such bad diarrhorea. So to use Epsom Salts -for any sort of decoration - you would have to be - so careful - in that you didn't drop one tiny, weeny little crystal of ep. salts. Because I have had to swallow such for bowel x-rays. And believe u me, you would SO NOT want, any person or animal, to even have a speck, or injest a speck of epsom salts. been there, done that,. epson salts can be ussed for gardenias, if they look a bit wilted. and for other reasons. just check with your local nursery. far too serious for epsom salts to b used as a deoration item. Scurrilous information. Not safe at all.