DIY Marble Serving Tray

$18

Today I show you how to make a Quick & Easy DIY Marble contact paper serving tray.

diy marble serving tray

You can use this beautiful tray to get some work done, or as a serving tray for yourself or a love one. Easy as 1, 2, 3!

diy marble serving tray

For this project you're going to need: (1) 12 X 24 Melamine wood (Shelf Wood), (2) 11 1/2 X 11 1/2 Melamine Wood, Marble Laminate (Contact) Paper, Handles, Construction Liquid Nails, and Caulk gun.

diy marble serving tray

Measure, and cut marble laminate paper.

diy marble serving tray

Pull paper backing, and smooth out laminate paper on wood.

diy marble serving tray

Cut excess paper on sides, and fold.

diy marble serving tray

It should look something like this :)

diy marble serving tray

Repeat process with 11 1/2 X 11 1/2 pieces, but make sure to leave one side of wood exposed.

diy marble serving tray

As so...

diy marble serving tray

Use a ruler to center handles on laminated wood, and mark spots with a pencil.

diy marble serving tray

Make holes with a drill. I used a 1/4 size drill bit.

diy marble serving tray

Screw on handles.

diy marble serving tray

Apply liquid nails to exposed wood.

diy marble serving tray

Place 12 X 24" wood on top.

diy marble serving tray

Add Weight on top of tray, and let dry for 4-6hrs.

diy marble serving tray

Enjoy!!!

SEE 1 MORE PHOTO...
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 12, 2018 11:22 PM - More info
TheTayra Perez Project

• Mattie Hughes

I got so old shelves going to do this with them thank you.

• Tame Howard
    An hour ago

I used this same faux marble look in my kitchen as a back splash. It worked so well that I did the entire middle section all around my kitchen. It went from under my cabinets 2 the top of my counter top. The width of the contact paper was an exact perfect fit with No cutting involved. I just unrolled it as I went, making sure 2 use a damp cloth 2 help push out any wrinkles. I went from the start of my cabinets down 2 behind my sink, then all the way around to the other end of the wall. Once I had it all up, I used an exacto knife 2 cut around where my light switch, as well as my electrical outlet & garbage disposal switch were. I have had more comments & questions on where I found that. Who in the world installed that? Etc. When they find out it's contact paper, they just go nuts. My sister-in-law came 2 visit 4 Christmas one year and noticed my "new" kitchen, BC it brightens my kitchen up considerably. She didn't believe me that 1st I "installed" it. 2nd that it was contact paper. I actually had 2 peel a little corner off 2 show her I wasn't lying. Then she couldn't get over the fact that that's what it was 4 her entire stay at my home. She continuously made comments on how cool it was. U can go as crazy or as plain as the makers of contact paper will allow.

(Only set back is that over time, I would say 4 my kitchen it took almost 2 years that's bc it is wiped down numerous times a day with bleach water, it eventually washed off the "marble" print. Then ur left with plain old white. Some might b ok with this but as easy & cheap that it is 2 redo, sometimes I change in 6 mnths, a year. Just bc I like feeling like I have an entirely new kitchen 2 work in. (U can cover anything & everything with contact paper. They now have blackboard contact paper, that U can use chalk, as well as those dry eraser boards that use dry erase markers. I put a couple rolls (2 of each kind.) around my grand kids playroom just about face high. Now they can "mark on the walls" as much as they want 2 (within their borders of course.).

**Hint....If you find you have bubbles under your contact paper once you have worked so hard making sure 2 work those wrinkles out. Just take a regular sewing pin & "pop" that bubble & then run back over with ur damp cloth 2 "lay" it down.

But, once it's dirty, just from being in constant kitchen stuff, all you got 2 do is pick up a corner& start peeling away, ...then replace with the new contract paper. My kitchen only took about 2 hours from start 2 finish. Good luck & have fun.