How I Made Mobile Art Using Wire Hangers From the Cleaners

$0

Sometimes it's fun to create your own art. I got the idea for this project because I had to pick up my son's dry cleaning and that is when it hit me. Why not re-purpose those hangers (and I know we all have lots of them).

how i made mobile art using wire hangers from the cleaners

I started off with two hangers, some twine and a wicker plate charger. Why you wonder? Well because this project was about challenging myself to use up as much stuff as I had on hand. I love a good challenge.

The wire hangers needed to be unformed before I could reshape them into circles. Using some pliers, I made sure to make them one larger than the other.

I then used twine to connect one to the other with about 6 inches between them. Finally I added the plate charger on the top as the first tier of the mobile.

The last step was to add a whole lot of little odds and ends I found in my sewing box. I added buttons, ribbons and clothes pins. I had used them before on a rustic wreath but had a few left over. That's what happens when you clean out your sewing box and find way too many things in there that are really not needed.

Or even clean out a drawer and make seaside art.

And this is the how it looks like after I went overboard and added a flower and some leaves, almost like an upside-down bouquet.

It now hangs in a corner of my bedroom. When the sun streams in you can see how the light plays with the objects and all of the pretty shadows it creates.

What do you do with your left over wire hangers?

• Wire hangers
  • Twine
Mary - The Boondocks Blog