How to apply wallpaper to an accent wall?

+4

I've looked at videos for applying wallpaper to an accent wall, and they show starting from the middle of the wall. Is this the best process? or should I start from the left corner? See pic attached. Thank you !!

q wallpaper
  • Jeanne Jeanne on Jul 26, 2018

I always start at one end and work across with paper.

• I went to a wall paper class and they told us the best place to start is what your eye lands on first when look straight ahead when you stand in the door, so the middle of the wall might be the right place.

• William William on Jul 26, 2018

For an accent wall the middle would be visually appealing. Also the cuts at each end would match and be symmetrical. Especially when hanging a patterned wallpaper. Doing a whole room you start in a corner with about a 6" overlap on one wall. This wil give you perfect vertical seams since corners never are perfect.

• Suzette Suzette on Aug 23, 2018

Hi Debbie, Here's a how to link that should help: https://www.familyhandyman.com/walls/how-to-wallpaper/view-all/

Have fun!

• Debby Debby on Aug 23, 2018

I went with starting at the middle. Thx for all the comments. Turned out pretty nice!!! ❤️