Single Girl's DIY
Single Girl's DIY
  • Bothell, WA

Make a Dry Erase Memo Board From an Old Picture Frame

$10

Why just write notes on scratch paper, or a boring old white board? You can turn an old picture frame into a pretty custom memo board.

Perfect for a home command station, dorm room, or even your office at work, this project is cheap and easy to do. And the result is pretty and practical.

Let's get started!

make a dry erase memo board from an old picture frame

Start by shopping your home for an old picture frame. If you don't have one, check out your local thrift stores. I'm sure you can find lots of options, for just a few dollars.

Other materials you will need are:

• Picture frame
  • Spray paint
  • Backing material, such as fabric or pretty paper

Disassemble your picture frame.

On a dry, calm day, spray paint the frame the color of your choice. I used Krylon Oxford Blue in satin finish.

Next, select the material you want to put inside the frame as your background.

Options I considered were burlap, canvas, wrapping paper, and a nautical chart. I settled on the chart.

Lay the glass from your picture frame on top of the backing material. Trace around it to create a cutting guide, and then cut it out with scissors.

Now, simply clean the glass and reassemble your frame. You have just created a pretty custom memo board.

You can write on the glass with a dry erase marker, and change it as often as you like.

For more tips and photos, because sure to check out the whole post at the link below.

While you're there, you can also download your FREE copy of our DIY Guide. Check it out and let me know what you think!

• Picture frame  (Thrift store)
  • Nautical chart  (https://amzn.to/2OjTcvn)
Single Girl's DIY