How I Made a Command Center for My Puppy's Important Things

$25

I recently had the pleasure of becoming a grand-mama to a sweet puppy. Words cannot express the joy he brings to our home. And as I've discovered, along with the joy, there is all sorts of other stuff that comes along too.

In fact, sometimes I feel like we have a toddler living in the house. So much stuff everywhere and you can never find what you are looking for - especially during those crucial moments

how i made a command center for my puppy s important things

I had to come up with some sort of solution to this urgent problem. Because I was constantly losing his leash.

This is what I started out with - a piece of plywood that seems to be covered with laminate. Never mind that, I wanted a more neutral look so I painted it over with chalky type finish paint.

The idea was to create a command center where I would be able to keep most of my puppy's stuff. Above you can see that I was playing around with various hooks and hangers.

I finally settled on this big and sturdy coat rack, along with some white robe hooks. They were perfect for holding all the leashes and collars and other important stuff.

I even placed a basket on top to keep track of all of his medicine and a clip board below so I know when to give him his pills.

To see all the details scroll down to the bottom of the post.

Now my little Tatou no longer has any reason to give me this look when it is time to go out because I know where that leash is!

Where do you keep your fur baby's essentials?

Mary - The Boondocks Blog