Picnic Caddy

$10

Having an outdoor barbeque with friends and family can be a lot of fun AND a lot of work. Carrying everything outside and bringing them back in can be cumbersome. Here is how to make a very cute and functional flatware/condiment caddy to lessen the load!

I used 1/4 inch plywood, cut it out 7 1/2 X 11 inches with my table saw, using the Rip guide for a nice straight cut. I cut the bottom 10 X 10 inches.

Next: Measure for a handle. I cut it out about 5 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches in height. You can just draw it out by hand. Using my Dewalt cordless drill with a large bit to start the holes (I actually drilled quiet a few).

Using a jig saw, cut out the handle, then either use a palm sander, or just manually sand it with a sheet on sand paper, to make it smooth.

It doesn't need to be exact.

Put some flatware on the board with the handle cut out. Decide where to put the magnet. I used a hack saw to cut the magnetic bar in half. (In my opinion, that is the hardest part of this project!)

I went ahead and painted the boards (or you could use stain, entirely your preference) before I attached the magnetic bar. I used a red outdoor paint. Then attach the bar on each side with small screws. One end on each side will already have a place for a screw, just drill a pilot hole on the other end, doing this on both sides.

I ripped some of the left over plywood to make it 2 inches in height, then just measured them to fit the bottom, cut them, then used my air nailer and wood glue to attach the holder to the bottom, and attached the sides the same way. I went with a blue for the rim.

The magnetic bar just looked rough to me, so I covered it with some adhesive vinyl I had. Washi tape would work just fine also.

I used my Cricut machine, to make the lettering and the embellishments. You can always paint different things on yours. And here is the finished project! Time to get grilling!

• Dewalt table saw  (Lowe's Home Improvement Store)
  • Foam brushes  (Harbor Freight)
  • Magnetic Bar  (Harbor Frieght)

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

1 comment