How do i make my mailbox area pretty??

+7

i want to make the mailbox area appealling to the sight

q how do i make my mailbox area pretty

this is how it looks like

• Je-Von N Alan Ray Je-Von N Alan Ray on Jul 28, 2018

I am planning on putting a flower bed around all sides of my house with some beautiful decorative stones and in my front yard around the mailbox in the front area can you help me out to give me any advice.

• Danielle Danielle on Jul 28, 2018
    From what I can see in the background it looks like you are in a very hot, probably dry area. Try landscaping with decorative grasses. Indian rice grass, silver bluestem, pine muhly, and Shenandoah switchgrass would be pretty mixed together and are all extremely heat and drought tolerant.
  • Rachael Waters Dewett Rachael Waters Dewett on Jul 29, 2018
    Cactus!! Century Plants, Red Yucca...
  • Cheryl Gillman Cheryl Gillman on Jul 29, 2018

Butterfly gladiolas are beautiful and grow tall, you could do a layered garden with taller flowers/plants behind the mailbox and gradually get shorter and shorter

You could put some large stones, or small flowering bushes/plants like bleeding heart!

• Nessie Nessie on Jul 29, 2018
    In addition to the cactus, use succulents in front, that way you don't have to worry about thorns or hairs. Jade plants, and henand chicks are good options. Aloe is a wonderful multitasker too!
  • Melissa V Melissa V on Jul 30, 2018

A lot of good ideas here...but I can’t help but notice the big utility outlet right there in front. Maybe there’s a reason no one’s planted there-check with the water or whoever owns that outlet before you start digging.

However, you might have more options by using colorful ceramic planters with all of the choices recommended before!!! 🌻🌿🌾🌺🎋