How do I restore bathroom ceiling border paper?

Carol ThomasIliAnnie
+3

The paper ceiling border above the tub has curled and dried, how do I soften it so I can fasten it down with, perhaps, Gorilla Glue?

I have tried before, and gotten no where.

• Franklinrawley
    Franklinrawley

You may have to rent a steamer or you could use a smaller one like for clothing. Makes it real easy but HOT!

• Annie
    Annie

You could try getting it quite wet with a sponge and using glue made for wallpaper seams on the wall. Frankly, a really bad place for wallpaper of any sort. Too humid an area.

• Ili
    Ili

Maybe this is the time to remove it completely??? JMO

• Carol Thomas
    Carol Thomas

If you spray the back/glue side with water, until it is good and wet, wait a few minutes for it to soften up, you can reattach it with plain old elmers school glue. After you smooth it out well, be sure to wipe the border and wall near it with a clean damp cloth before the glue dries.

I would hesitate to use gorilla glue, in case you later wish to change it.

• Rose Tovey
      Rose Tovey

Thanks, I will try that. I went to HS near Akron with a girl named Carol Thomas.
  • Carol Thomas
    Carol Thomas

That's funny! I'm from a small rural area, where there are only around 300 to 600 residents in the little towns...at the bank branch i used, there were 3 other people with my name..one even had the same middle name.
    I am pretty certain my method will work, I used to sell and install wall covering. Best wishes!