Wheelbarrow Cottage
Wheelbarrow Cottage
  • Dallas, TX

The Study of a Lucky Find

One day I was going to the grocery store which was right next door to one of my favorite thrift stores. I hadn't been there in a few days and noticed tons of red signs all over the windows. I walked up and noticed they were advertising a 70-80% off sale. SCORE! So I went in and started browsing but quickly noticed something seemed strange. The shelves were very empty. I started glancing around and seeing that most of the shop was cleaned out! It was a CLOSING sale. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Well, as sad as I was, I quickly turned happy when I walked out with this beautiful Thomasville Desk at 80% off!!!
the study of a lucky find, painted furniture
It gives me such joy to think of a little boy or girl sitting there studying hard or coloring a picture. I always pray that the furniture I work on brings joy, peace and happiness to the family that buys it!
The desk and hutch were in great shape structurally - even the light under the hutch worked! It was just a little boring. So, I decided to use Shabby Paints So Serene and Worn White Chalk-Acrylic paints. What a pretty combination.
Next I used Black ReVax to age it a bit. ReVax is a wonderful product. It's a varnish type protection with the look of a wax finish. Last I went over the whole thing with Vax (same as ReVax but just clear).

To see more: http://wheelbarrowcottage.blogspot.com/2014/01/gorgeous-thomasville-hutch-and-desk-so.html