How do I camouflage really gross wall tile?

+6
The walls of the entire bathroom and kitchen of my new apartment are covered with 4x4” tile squares. The original color was pinkish flesh but they were painted white and the paint is peeling in some areas, so it’s extra gross. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on adhesive wallpaper or time on shiplap. Looking for ideas for a quick and low cost fix. Hiding the pipes would be a bonus! Thanks for any suggestions!
q how do i camouflage really gross wall tile
  • Linda Linda on Aug 01, 2018

I did mine so long ago& get many good compliments on it. Rough up the tile, add an adhesive so the paint stays, paint then use a sealer to seal it.

• Megan Reid Megan Reid on Aug 01, 2018
    Chalk paint will work on tile. I'm not sure if you're looking to paint tile in a shower, but if not, check this out.

• See 1 previous
    • Megan Reid Megan Reid on Aug 02, 2018
      Good luck! I ordered some talc and calcium carbonate to make mine. I'm a penny pincher, so I figured I'd try making my own, too.

• Linda Linda on Aug 01, 2018
    The adhesive should be placed on the wall & then painted. Do not add the adhesive or mix it to the paint.
  • Libbie B Libbie B on Aug 04, 2018

Paint it. It works. Look on you tube and you will find tons of DIY's. Good luck and post pics when your done!

• Libbie B Libbie B on Aug 04, 2018

• William William on Aug 31, 2018

Since this is an apartment. What ever you do make sure you get permission from the landlord in writing. You don't want to jeopardize you security deposit or be sued.