Old Tool Box Turned To Treasure!

5 materials
It’s amazing of what a good coat of paint can do. See here how I transformed this special old tool box with just a single coat of paint, and a little bit of stamping into a beautiful piece of decor for our home.
This old tool box is extra special to me. When my sister and I were young, my grandfather made each of us one of these wooden tool boxes, and bought us each a set of tools to put in it.

On the chance of sounding really old, when I came across this tool box, it was covered in about at least 20 years of dust!

I started out by giving this tool box a good cleaning, and a sanding to get rid of any rough spots.
I used just one coat of paint for this project, and that was enough! You can see in this picture how well it instantly covered! I also used a stamp to finish off the look.

I really love how the imperfections of stamping really adds an authentic element of age and rusticity to my projects!

To see more, click on over to the blog :)

• Furniture/Decor Paint
  • Wooden Tool Box
  • Paint Brush
TheProjectPile.com

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

Next