Susan Davia
Susan Davia
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Garden Dragonfly Decor

$1

I have seen dragonflies made from old ceiling fan blades...I wanted something far more primitive....
garden dragonfly decor
taking two grapevine and cutting in equal length from the plant and while still green I bent into shape secured with twine at base and began wrapping the wing in a lacy pattern....
garden dragonfly decor
Two wings attached..time to make 2 smaller wings
garden dragonfly decor
again using green wood and twine i made the smaller wings....I also inserted a black electrical tape just to make this set of wings different...
So attaching is easy...just wrap twine till attached securely to the leg...and repeat with other set of wings.
garden dragonfly decor
I used natural hued twine to attach the wings
garden dragonfly decor
and I used green hued twine around the "body"and even added a small pine cone for an added touch
garden dragonfly decor
Sitting on a log outside
garden dragonfly decor
After few people mentioned I should hang it......
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 02, 2018 11:41 PM - More info

• Sandra Crosbie

I love the cuteness of it. I would agree with Debby. I would hang it up to show it off. All of your hard work and creativity deserves to be hung up where people can admire the cuteness you created.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ

• Karen Hurst
    2 hours ago

Your dragon fly is cute. I agree with the previous comments, hang that beauty. I know it's hard to find the perfect place but you can always move it to different area's (think elf on a shelf) keep up the good work