Garden Dragonfly Decor

$1

I have seen dragonflies made from old ceiling fan blades...I wanted something far more primitive....
taking two grapevine and cutting in equal length from the plant and while still green I bent into shape secured with twine at base and began wrapping the wing in a lacy pattern....
Two wings attached..time to make 2 smaller wings
again using green wood and twine i made the smaller wings....I also inserted a black electrical tape just to make this set of wings different...
So attaching is easy...just wrap twine till attached securely to the leg...and repeat with other set of wings.
I used natural hued twine to attach the wings
and I used green hued twine around the "body"and even added a small pine cone for an added touch
Sitting on a log outside
After few people mentioned I should hang it......

• Tawny Kennedy Bohannon

Hang it from an old umbrella and allow a pretty vine to grow up the umbrella as well

• Susan Davia

still looking for that right place to hang,,I really do not have too many option though

• Jewellmartin

Susan, I like it better on the fence. If I can’t see the eyes, I don’t know it is a bug. I guess this is rustic, or organic, or basic. I think it is amazing that you took living vine to make the wings. Thank you for sharing this. ☺️