Susan Davia
Susan Davia
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Garden Dragonfly Decor

$1

I have seen dragonflies made from old ceiling fan blades...I wanted something far more primitive....
garden dragonfly decor
taking two grapevine and cutting in equal length from the plant and while still green I bent into shape secured with twine at base and began wrapping the wing in a lacy pattern....
garden dragonfly decor
Two wings attached..time to make 2 smaller wings
garden dragonfly decor
again using green wood and twine i made the smaller wings....I also inserted a black electrical tape just to make this set of wings different...
So attaching is easy...just wrap twine till attached securely to the leg...and repeat with other set of wings.
garden dragonfly decor
I used natural hued twine to attach the wings
garden dragonfly decor
and I used green hued twine around the "body"and even added a small pine cone for an added touch
garden dragonfly decor
Sitting on a log outside
garden dragonfly decor
After few people mentioned I should hang it......

• Tawny Kennedy Bohannon

Hang it from an old umbrella and allow a pretty vine to grow up the umbrella as well

• Susan Davia

still looking for that right place to hang,,I really do not have too many option though

• Jewell Martin

Susan, I like it better on the fence. If I can’t see the eyes, I don’t know it is a bug. I guess this is rustic, or organic, or basic. I think it is amazing that you took living vine to make the wings. Thank you for sharing this. ☺️