Magaly Darmati
Magaly Darmati
  • Tutorial Team
  • Lyman, SC

Walk-in Closet Makeover

$200
1 Week

I recently renovated completely my walk in closet using only wooden shipping crates. (like I did on my bedroom floor (check my projects list)) It was a great use of recycled materials and I was able to create my very own custom (gorgeous) walk in closet. I love how it came out, take a look at how I did it!

walking closet makeover

First I used the wood from the crates to line the floor, hardwood flooring!

walking closet makeover

I nailed and hammered the wood to the floor.

walking closet makeover

It looks great! Once The entire floor of the closet was covered with wood, it was ready to be stained.

walking closet makeover

I stained the floor with a beautiful deep stain.

walking closet makeover

Nest, getting ready to place in the shelves, look!

walking closet makeover

I first created a foundation.

walking closet makeover

And started to put in my custom shelves.

walking closet makeover

Before photo of the closet floor. It really needed a new look.

walking closet makeover

After photo- how gorgeous!! I applied the stain to all of the wood.

walking closet makeover

All new custom shelving with crate wood.

walking closet makeover

Hope you like it as much as I do! It's perfect for my needs!

walking closet makeover

• Sandra Christian

I see all the closet organizations and it seems they save room by folding t shirts. I wonder how convenient that is. If you want a shirt in middle of pile do you mess the pile up when u grab a shirt? (I am always in a rush).

• Mary Waechter

Just insert a flat hand on top of the shirt you want, lift, take out your shirt with your other hand, and lower and retrieve your hand. Then you won't mess up the pile.

• Connie

I would love something like this but my closets are trailer closets that go all the way across one end of the room. And have 2 big sliding doors. I hate them! Any suggestions anyone?

• Lacey

Have you considered folding doors? The bi-fold doors at home Depot are relatively inexpensive.

• Melissia

How big is your closet?

• Maureen Barringer

GREAT JOB-WE DID OURS OVER 18 YRS AGO -MY HUSBAND PUT DOUBLE BARS ON CENTER CLOSET & SINGLE ON EACH OTHER SIDE OF CLOSET PLUS PUT SHEVES OVER SINGLE BARS -MEASURED PERFECTLY IN DOUBLE BARS TO PUT 36 HOLDERS FOR SHOES ON FLOOR -WONDEFUL THING TO HAVE A CLOSET THAT WORKS FOR US ( IT WAS ONE SINGLE CLOST -THAT INDENTED IN WALL SPACE --SO HE TOOK DOWN THE EXTRA WALLS & MADE 3 CLOSETS ) I LOVE IT

• Vinnie

Nice, I was just thinking of how I could do upgrade to my closet, and you just gave me a great idea of how to that

• Magaly Darmati

Hi Vinnie, I’m so glad my project inspires you, please don’t forget to post pictures, I would love to see what you do.