Our Gleaming Front Door...Before and After.

$200

I always told myself two things I would do when I bought our first house was paint a mural on a wall and paint our front door a bright bold color, and well...I did both. Now that the warmer months are here I decided to get to it and paint our front door. I had a few colors I wanted but after looking at hundreds of paint chips I just went with a pretty yellow. It came out pretty bright but I'm loving it the more I pull up to my front yard. It adds just a touch of spunk to this otherwise boring color scheme going on with our home. Plus it brings out all the colors in the flowers, plants, and beautiful bushes we have.
The before...It was just to drab for my taste.
I picked Beach Ball yellow from Olympic paints in a satin finish. I updated our hardware by spray painting them in a black matte finish. It took 4 coats but they came out nicely.
When I was looking at painted doors online I kept coming across little "welcome" and "hello's" written on the doors. I thought this was perfect for me and right up my alley. If I could I'd probably paint a mural on our door but I know that's a tad overboard (lol) anyway instead of painting it on because I like change I picked up some alphabet stickers at Hobby Lobby.
I still need to scrape off all the old paint on the stoop and give it a fresh coat. Not sure what to do there as of yet. I just added some flowers and an old rocking chair I had laying around to give it some more color, because if you follow me you know I like color and our yard is beautifully landscaped but for some reason the previous owners left a big blank spot from the door and windows and just laid rock. It was looking a little desert..ish.
I found this cute metal cart at the Goodwill for 5 dollars as well as the cute little plates. I put my herbs on it. It smells lovely when you are standing at our front stoop.
An old rocking chair I got from an auction I had laying around. I'm waiting to find a cute bench for this area.

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Kimberly Noelle

• Debi53

Love it!I makes your house look happy. Decorating is very subjective, but I'm with you, Kimberly, on the off center 'welcome'. Just the fact that you did it off center makes me smile.

• Kuntreprinces

I too absolutely love the happy yellow ! And the off center welcome ! I’m collecting ideas for when I buy my house . You have inspired me to go bold !!