DIY Reusable Clorox Wipes (That REALLY Match the Original Ingredients!

$1

I’ve been asked about this from readers, and I’m finally sharing it today! DIY Reusable Clorox Wipes that really match the ingredients of the original ones!

One of my favorite things to do as a chemist is examine cleaning ingredients, then match them up to make a homemade solution.

These homemade ones work just as good, have almost the same ingredients (minus some unnecessary ones), plus you can just wash the rags!

Ingredients:

• 3 cups of water
  • 2 tbsp dawn dishwashing detergent (using NON-concentrated for this, read WHY in post link under surfactant)
  • 8 tbsp lemon infused alcohol (It needs to be lemon for the best benefits)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 20 drops of lemon oil (Optional, but will match ingredients better)
  • 32 oz plastic jar with lid
  • Cloths (can be microfiber or regular, also try old T-shirts!)

For more tips about disinfecting, please visit the blog post link at chemistrycachet.com

If you would like to know WHY we use these ingredients and information on possible substitutes, PLEASE CLICK BLOG LINK BELOW!

Directions:

1. Add rags or clothes to your plastic jar with lid.
  2. In a bowl, mix up the ingredients and stir until baking soda is dissolved.
  3. Add to the jar of rags. You want this to cover the rags, so make sure to stir it around well.

Tip: You can easily double the recipe to meet the needs of your jar. Just keep the ratios the same. If you like more solution, add less clothes. If you want this to be like it comes from the store, add just enough liquid to cover everything.

Check out photos below for photos of each one.

How to Use:

Just pull out a cloth to clean any area you’d like. This is safe for ALL surfaces! Once you are done using, just throw it in the washing machine.

If Using on Glass:

This can be used on glass stove tops, just be sure to wipe off with microfiber cloth!

Not recommended for mirrors!

How Often to Change Liquid:

Please click on post below for the details on changing the liquid!

How the Ingredients Actually Match Up!

Water

According to The Clorox Company, water is one of the main ingredients in their wipes. Water is an underrated item in homemade solutions, but it is a great solvent. It makes the perfect base for homemade cleaners.

For citric acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, D-Limonene, and the rest of the ingredients click here!

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

• Linda
    Linda

Does it have to be Dawn detergent? I have seen several other projects that specify Dawn detergent. Does Dawn have something other dishwashing detergents don't?

• Petrahofmann
    Petrahofmann

what can I substitute for Dawn? I live in Germany and they dont sell it here. Is any dishwashing liquid ok?

• Bari
    Bari

Wow, this is amazing. Considering my local store now wants 7.19 for a large container of Clorox wipes. But a question does this have to be stored in a plastic container? Or Willa mason jar with a plastic lid be ok? Thanks